THE MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP POLICE IS NOT ACCEPTING POLICE OFFICER APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
Testing Process Requirements
Manchester Township Police have announced the beginning of testing procedures for establishing a hiring list for Full Time and Class II Police Officers. The initial phase of the testing process will be the Physical Fitness Test administered by Manchester Police. The exercises and minimum requirements needed to pass the Physical Fitness Test are posted below. Upon successful completion of the physical fitness test, a written exam will be administered by the NJSACOP at a later date.
In order to participate in the testing process, the following requirements must be met:
- Registration: Must be made in person at the Manchester Police Department, 1 Colonial Drive, Manchester, NJ (valid photo ID required). Registration will take place from Friday, May 17th until Friday June 14, 2013 @ 1500 hours.
- Application: An Employment Application must be filed along with a resume before the June 14th 2013 deadline.
- Age: An applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 34 (having not reached their 35th birthday).
- Fee: A non-refundable registration fee of $75 is required at the time of registration. Payment may be made by cash (exact change only), or money order made out to the Manchester Township Police.
NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE POLICE PHYSICAL FITNESS ENTRANCE EXAM WITHOUT PRIOR REGISTRATION. THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATIONS AT THE DOOR.
Candidates may participate in the testing process without meeting the Hiring Requirements listed below, however they will not be placed on the Eligible Hiring List until all requirements have been met.
Example: A candidate with 50 approved college credits may participate in the testing process. If the candidate successfully completes all test sections, he/she would not be eligible for hire until they accumulate another 14 or more approved college credits. Once the minimum college requirement and all other hiring requirements are met, the candidate would be moved to the eligible for hire list.
In addition to previous requirements, the following are required before hiring:
- Proof of United States Citizenship and New Jersey Residency.
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- Proof of graduation from High School or possession of an approved High School Equivalency Certificate.
- Minimum of 64 credits or two year degree from an accredited institution of higher education as listed in the Accredited Institutions of Post-Secondary Education published by the American Council on Education. Active military service may be used in lieu of college credits. Active military service credit will be granted at a rate equivalent to 2.67 college credits for each full month of active military service completed (must provide a DD-214 or LES Statement).
Procedure & Sequence of Physical Fitness Tests
The following minimums have been established for each of the tests cited below. Failure to achieve the established minimums will result in disqualification and removal from the testing process.
The test battery is as follows:
- Vertical Jump (19” Minimum)
- One Minute Sit up (34 Minimum)
- 300 Meter Run (Under 57 seconds)
- Maximum Push up (26 Minimum)
- 1.5 Mile Run (Under 13:35)
The procedure and order for testing is as follows:
- Warm up for 3 minutes, perform the Vertical Jump test, rest for 2 minutes.
- Perform the One Minute Sit Up test, rest for 5 minutes.
- Perform the 300 Meter Run, rest for 5 minutes.
- Perform the Maximum Push Up test, rest for 5 minutes.
- Do cardio-warm up for 2 to 3 minutes, then perform the 1.5 Mile Run.
For more information call Lt. Vincent Manco 732-657-2009 x4600
Manchester Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer