Firearms Application & Registration System (FARS) Application Procedures for Applicants
Step 1: Visit this website. You MUST enter the site address as follows:
**Please note this site / portal is not administered by the Manchester Township Police Department**
Step 2: Manchester Township Police Department ORI# is NJ0151800
(You will NOT be able to complete the FARS online application WITHOUT THIS ORI#)
Step 3: Complete the online application. You may complete the application using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer. When completing the application you will need the email addresses of two (2) reputable references. Your references can be family members. Print a copy of your application and confirmation page.
Step 4: After you complete your online application, you will be contacted via email by the Manchester Police Department for further instructions.
Note: Non-refundable payment is required to be made prior to the completion of the background as per NJSC 13:54.1.4.Your application will not be processed until you have made payment for any fees.
Pay your fees. Click Here.
* Once your application is completed, you will receive an email from the FARS system. Electronic Firearms Identification Cards (E-FID) and Electronic Firearms Permits (E-Permits) will be issued at this time. The Manchester Township Police Department does not receive copies of these items for disbursement.
* Please advise your references that the FARS system will email them the reference questions to be answered. Your references can complete the questions using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background investigation.
* The online application is APPLICANT DRIVEN. Please ensure that you have entered the best phone numbers for yourself and references as well as the best email address for yourself and references.
The online application is APPLICANT DRIVEN. If the applicant makes a mistake while applying, they simply can RE-APPLY. The applicant should understand that all application fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. The applicant MUST utilize the correct ORI (NJ0151800) for the Manchester Township Police Department.
- Fingerprints: If you have never been fingerprinted before for firearms purposes in New Jersey, you will need to go for fingerprinting. Information required for a fingerprint appointment is included in the confirmation email. Fingerprinting appointment(s) can be scheduled after successful submission of your FARS Application.
- If you have ever been fingerprinted before for firearms purposes in New Jersey answer “Yes” when asked on the application and enter your State Bureau of Identification Number (SBI#).
- The applicant MUST enter their “Official Name”. They cannot utilize simplified versions of their names (Joe vs. Joseph).
- Applicants must enter accurate phone numbers and emails for themselves and their references.
- Family members can be references.
- After the applicant enters all required information, a REVIEW PAGE appears where the applicant can edit all information entered into the application prior to final submission.
- Please read the email sent by Manchester Township for required information after you have submitted your application. Any information or payment not received from the applicant may result in a delay of application.
- The applicant should also print both the confirmation page and application at the end of the process. This is for quick reference in the event of an issue and a copy must be provided.
- No payment is taken from initial applicants by FARS. Only applicants whom possess an SBI# which have been fingerprinted for firearms purposes in New Jersey will pay at the end of their online application process. Applicants will be instructed on how to make payment for initial FID card and any permits to the Manchester Township Police Department.
- For additional firearms regulations and procedural information, please visit the New Jersey State Police website: http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html
FIREARMS APPLICANT FEE SCHEDULE:
Initial Firearms Purchaser Identification Card: $50.00
Permits to Purchase a Handgun: $25.00
*Permit to Carry Application packets can be picked up at our records window Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:00pm, excluding holidays.