The Manchester Township Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Class III Special Police Officer. The Class III Special Police Officer, under the direction of the Chief of Police, shall conduct school safety and security duties within the Manchester Township School District. In order to be eligible the candidate must:
- Be a retired law enforcement officer less than 65 years of age who served as a duly qualified, fully trained, full time police officer in any municipality, or county of this state, or as a member of the State Police, and was separated from that prior service in good standing within three years of appointment to this position.
- Be capable of passing firearms qualifications as mandated by the N.J. Attorney General Guidelines.
- Any applicant offered a conditional offer of employment, will be required to pass a medical examination, psychological screening, and drug screening pursuant to the N.J. AG Drug Testing Policy.
- Be a resident of N.J. with a valid N.J. Driver’s License.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language with reasonable proficiency.
- Applicants must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Applicants must possess a N.J. PTC Basic Police Officer Certification or N.J. State Police Academy Cert.
- Must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position.
- Applicants must provide a letter of good standing from the Chief of Police / Officer in Command of the agency they retired from, including their dates of employment, type of retirement, and good standing status.
Applicants should mail or hand deliver a cover letter and resume on or before September 27, 2021 to:
Lieutenant James Komsa
Manchester Township Police Department
1 Colonial Drive, Manchester, NJ 08759
(732) 657-2009 x 4603