The Manchester Township Police and Manchester Township Office of Emergency Management are closely monitoring the approaching storm system that is forecast to affect this area early next week.
As we continue to monitor the storm system, we will be meeting with our Emergency Services Organizations and Township Department Heads on Sunday, October 28, 2012 to further the planning and response to this storm. At that time, additional information will be provided as to the availability of shelters and their exact location. In the meantime, you can prepare your family by doing the following:
1. Make sure you have emergency contact information available
2. Have an ample supply of medication available for everyone that needsit
3. Have an ample supply of drinking water available. The general rule of thumb is to have at least one gallon per person per day for drinking purposes and for sanitary issues
4. Have cash available in case the power is out for a prolonged period of time
5. Have a battery operated radio and flashlight available with extra batteries
6. Have a sleeping bag, blankets, pillows etc. in case you have to move to a shelter
7. Have non-perishable food available with a manual can opener
8. For people with pets, make sure you have supply of food for your pet to include water as well and any medication that the animal may need. Also make sure to have a record of all shots that your pet has received.
9. Have a copy of insurance policies for your home in the event that you cannot return due to the flooding issues that may occur.
One thing to remember in an emergency is to stay calm and to listen to what the emergency personnel are directing you to do.
As will any other emergency, it is important to stay closely tuned into the local media outlets for new and breaking information. Information regarding this incident can be found at these below listed media outlets:
Manchester Patch: http://manchester-nj.patch.com/
Manchester Police Website: http://www.manchesterpolicenj.com/
Manchester Township Website: http://www.manchestertwp.com
Manchester Police Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ManchesterPolice
Other local media outlets where information is available include:
The Asbury Park Press online at http://app.com
WOBM Radio 92.7 FM
WJRZ Radio 100.1 FM