On Friday 10/11/2013 at 8:20 pm Manchester Police responded to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of State Highway 37 and Colonial Drive.  The preliminary investigation revealed that a 2004 Ford Focus was traveling east on State Highway 37 and had stopped for the traffic signal at the intersection of State Highway 37 and Colonial Drive.   The operator of the Ford Focus was identified as Nina Agugliaro (20) of North Brunswick, NJ.  A 2005 Cadillac being operated by Taylor Megargel (26), of Catawissa, PA, was traveling east and struck the Ford Focus from behind.  As the accident occurred another vehicle, a 2004 Toyota Rav 4, operated by Perry Kelly (60), of Seaside Park, NJ, became involved in the crash.  Kelly was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center for his injuries which were not critical.  Ptl. Cervenak and Ptl. Mabie conducted roadside sobriety tests and Megargel was subsequently arrested for Driving While Intoxicated. He was charged with DWI as well as other motor vehicle offenses.  He was released pending a future court date. 

         On Saturday 10/12/2013 at 8:05 pm Manchester Police responded to the 1500 block of First Avenue in the Pine Lake Park section of town, to investigate a hit and run motor vehicle accident involving a parked motor vehicle. The vehicle that caused the collision was identified as a 97 Ford Taurus which was located approximately two blocks from the scene of the crash.  Manchester Police located the driver, who was identified as Catherine Pouch-Mendola, of Pine Lake Park at her residence.  As a result of the investigation Pouch-Mendola was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated. It was also discovered during the investigation that at a 14 year old child had been in the vehicle at the time of the crash. There were no injuries reported as a result of the crash. Pouch- Mendola was charged with DWI, DWI Refusal, Driving while Under the Influence with a Minor in the vehicle, and one criminal charge for Child Endangerment.  Pouch-Mendola’s bail was set at $3,500.00 with no ten percent option.  She was transported to the Ocean County Jail in lieu of bail.