Manchester Township Police have charged four individuals in connection with a recent string of burglaries in the Leisure Village West community. From December 2014 through February of this year, nine houses in that section of the Township were reported burglarized. Among the proceeds taken were jewelry, silverware and televisions. After a thorough investigation which included surveillance operations, Detectives from the Manchester Township Police arrested and charged five individuals in connection with the burglaries:
- Lionel Jones, 51, of Toms River, was charged with burglary and theft. He was lodged in the Ocean County Jail on $30,000 bail, no 10 percent option.
- Mary J. Grasberger, 46, of Toms River, was charged with receiving stolen property and released on recognizance.
- Stephanie L. Milano, 24, of Toms River, was charged with burglary and theft. She was lodged in the Ocean County Jail on $15,000 bail, no 10 percent option.
- Stephan Gomez, 26, of Toms River, was charged with burglary and theft. He was lodged in the Ocean County Jail on $25,000 bail, no 10 percent option.
- Also arrested was Gianna H. Florio, 22, of Beachwood, who is charged with possessing drugs, drug paraphernalia and an unlawful weapon. She was lodged in the Ocean County Jail on $5,000 bail, no 10 percent option.
While three of the suspects were already in police custody, Jones and Florio were apprehended by Patrolmen Kyle Rickvalsky and Michael Guarino on Feb. 5 following a suspicious person report in the backyard of a Leisure Village West home. In addition to his charges for the burglaries, further investigation revealed Jones was wanted on a $500 warrant.
Assisting with the investigation were the Manchester Township Police Patrol Bureau, Ocean County Sheriff CSI and K-9 units, and the Toms River Police Department. Residents are reminded that keeping their property properly illuminated at night can help to deter would-be burglars. Anyone who witnesses suspicious activity in their neighborhood should contact the Manchester Township Police at 732-657-6111 or use the “Tip Line” at www.ManchesterPoliceNJ.com.