Trick or Treat is scheduled for October 31, 2012 from 12:00 noon to 9:00 pm in Manchester Township
While Halloween is one of the most enjoyable times of the year for children of all ages, it can be one of the most dangerous, if proper precautions are not taken. The following tips should help keep the occasion safe and fun for everyone:
• Plan costumes that are bright & reflective.
• Make sure that shoes fit properly, costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement and contact with an open flame and do not obstruct vision.
• Children 12 and under should be accompanied by an adult.
• Plan your route and share it with family members.
• Carry a flashlight so you can be seen by others.
• If possible, stay in groups and walk on sidewalks. If no sidewalk is available, use the farthest edge of the roadway.
• Look both ways before crossing the street and try to cross only at corners. Do not hide or cross between parked cars.
• Only Trick or Treat in well known neighborhoods and at homes that have a porch light on.
• Never enter a strange car or home to accept a treat.
• Be cautious of animals and strangers.
• Never eat unwrapped foods items or open beverages.
• Have a grown-up inspect your treats before eating them.
• Notify Law Enforcement immediately of any sign of suspicious or illegal activity.
The Manchester Township Police would like to wish the children a safe and enjoyable Halloween.